4.3.10

P-I-N-K there is no other way! Our bond is true, we love Phi Mu! Gooo Phi Mu!

Phi Mu never lingers all we do is shoot the finger: ONE! one, we're number 1! Go Phi Mu!


Today marks the 158th year of Phi Mu being founded. Phi Mu's three founders Mary Dupont Lines, Mary Myrick Daniel, and Martha Hardaway Redding built a sisterhood founded on Love, Honor, and Truth this day in the year 1852. Put aside your skepticism on Greek life & your stereotypes of sorority girls, our chapter (KH) at Nicholls is less an excuse to party and more what the three founders originally mapped it out to be. Originally I went through sorority recruitment to find something to do in a town where I knew not a single person. Instead I came out with something much more important: a family. I honestly do not know what I would do without Phi Mu! As a Phi Mu, I serve on the discipline committee, public relations committee, and I am the newly elected Recording Secretary. Besides that, Phi Mu has gotten me completely immersed in co-curriculars on campus. There are a certain number of philanthropy events each Phi Mu chapter must do a year, and the Kappa Eta chapter exceeds this amount. The next issue of the Aglaia (the Phi Mu magazine) will have a full story of all of our philanthropic achievements. It is a huge honor and will be the first time our chapter will have a feature story. Besides the national philanthropy all Phi Mu's donate to (Children's Miracle Network) , we also support and raise money for cystic fibrosis. Many years ago, a fatally ill new member had a section of the hospital in Thibodaux closed off just so she could be iniated, and today one of our own current sisters is fighting the disease. So helping this cause is especially close to our hearts!


Needless to say, I sure will have a lot of good things to put on my applications for Med school. But the greatest gift Phi Mu has given me is happines away from home.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home