12.3.10

This week went by way too fast.
Have you ever felt like that? Like all you want is for time to slow down? We're alway rushing around. Deadlines, appointments, class schedules, meetings... our agendas are full and it doesn't matter if you're finally leaving because there's just somewhere else you are going. I HATE it.

Sparse are the moments I can sit and reflect.
In this precious moment I am able to finally put to words what it is that has been going on in my head lately...

FREEDOM.

I've always considered my relationship with God to be a private one... I don't talk about it and I don't like to argue my religion with anyone. I know, that's not really the way Christianity is supposed to work... but for me God is like the ultimate secret keeper and a precious gift. && that having religious arguments will complicate what is our only true source of simplicity in this mess of a life... for lack of a better way of explaining. As for tonight--- I'll share.

People always talk about being 'saved' and it was something I never understood. Usually their salvation came from some major ordeal that made them want to straighten out their life. Other people I know who were 'saved' went right on back to their former lifestyle soon after. While others, like my grandfather Dr. Michael Milton (by the way I totally recommend his new book Big Things, Small Things), were so engrossed in their faith that I was as envious as envious gets! I pleaded with God regularly to help me to find my faith and to bring the happiness I'd seen in so many others. I had gone astray, down a road leading to a dead end. I do not know when it happened. I cannot pinpoint the day or mark it with a tragic event. But now I know what being saved really is. It wasn't some sort of revelation that happened in an instant, but a seed planted the minute I decided to give my life over to God... the minute I asked for His help.

Matthew 7: 7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be open."

It is an awfully liberating feeling to have had a restoration of faith. After having decided to put God first in my life, it seems all worries have been depleted. Our life is fragile. It is but a stepping stone to the ultimate goal of everlasting life.

Anyways, I don't really know what point I was trying to make just now... I guess what I'm trying to say is that for the first time in a long while I am content more than I am not. The sky looks a little bluer, and simply waking up in the morning is something to celebrate.

So long, my stress. Goodbye, my worries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home