14.3.10

Back to reality

5 Things I hate about coming back to College on Sundays:

  1. After having gone to church, gotten groceries, filling up with gas, and driving the 1.5 hours back to Thibodaux, the day is gone. Throw in 3 hours of Phi Mu meetings in the afternoon and that leaves ZERO time to work on my studies.
  2. The weekend feels extra short b.c in reality, I was only home for one full day.
  3. Climbing three flights of stairs to bring my belongings to my apartment.
  4. Hellloooooo ice age! One of my roomates insists on keeping the AC as below 70 as she can get away with.
  5. The odors... One of my roomates is French. French people cook weird things... with curry... which smells like a obese man after running a marathon after he's eaten garlic cloves. Also, burning sugar cane stinks. You wouldn't think that but it feels like you're walking around in a sewer.

5 Things I love about coming back to College:

  1. The fact that I have my own apartment. Hello privacy, I've missed you the last couple days!
  2. The drive. Miles and miles of open cane fields. They're especially beautiful right now... they've been burned down and yellow-flowered weeds have covered and replaced everything. I will never get used to coming up onto the Sunshine Bridge (the highest bridge ever I believe.) and seeing everything from so far up.
  3. The quiet. Sunday nights everybody withdraws to their rooms to catch up on everything.
  4. Phi Mu. I get so excited to go home and then when I get back I realize how much I've missed alll my buddies!! This especially includes Alyssa Puckett, best roomate and one BAMF.
  5. Blue box macaroni. By this time... I'm craving my daily dosage

1 Comments:

Blogger Mattie Babb said...

I LOVE THE DRIVE TO THIBODAUX!! my favorite always.

March 14, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home